Monday, April 30, 2012

How Stupid Can You Get

Have to do an early one tonight, not feeling very well at all.  The news isn't over but I got one that a "friend" pointed out on Google+.  I put friend in quotes because I have never met him but we seem to have a lot in common and communicate regularly on posts.  So what was it that he pointed out?  Another stupid person doing something stupid.  This time it was in a very public way though.

I'm sure that any NBA fan has heard the news regarding Derrick Rose and his injury.  I'm not a fan of the pro game, and I personally believe that they are a bunch of overpaid whiners, but you could see that he was in a lot of pain from the pictures that I have seen.  So this moron, who works for Nike, decided to blame the contract that Rose just signed with Adidas.  I'm not going to put the quotes in, I'll point you to the article on the CBS site (here).  How stupid can you be?  I'm not sure how long it was before he decided to apologize but give me a break!

And that is a big part of the problem with people these days.  If you said something like this in the past it would have gone no where unless you put it in an article or were talking to a reporter.  Now though, you can post something online and it can spread like wildfire.  There is no feeling in a 140 character message that consists of just text.  Think people!  If you send something that doesn't include voice and/or video they will not know your intent.  The communication tools that we have are great but they generally don't convey any kind of emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment