Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lack of Creativity

I was actually kind of short on material tonight.  Just have the TV on for background noise and caught something that has been cropping up a lot lately.  It isn't the typical rant that I have but it is something that really is annoying.



Have you noticed the movies and television shows lately?  A large number of them are either remakes or based on an old movie or show.  So why was there this huge deal made about the writers going on strike a couple of years ago?  If all they are going to do is steal from the past what ground did they have to demand enough to go on strike?


And I don't listen to too much new music but what I do hear is remakes of the music that I grew up with.  The thing that gets me is that most of these kids think it is new.  I once actually took the time to prove it to someone with a song from the 1970's.  It was amazing just how hard it was to get them to believe that the version I played was the original.


So what do you think?  Am I just getting old or do I have a point?

No comments:

Post a Comment