Sunday, April 15, 2012

Nothing to See Here

It was a fairly warm weekend here in CNY but a wet one today so I was stuck inside.  I only really watch two sports, college basketball and the NFL, neither of which are in season.  That left me with finding something on one of the other stations, and there are a lot of them.  But there is a problem with the concept.



Some big shot in the world of television has decided that reruns are the best thing to show on every channel for most of the day up to about 8pm tonight.  Why is it that the weekends are always full of reruns?  It isn't like there aren't enough shows that they can't put a new episode on.  Just really annoying that I am paying over $100 per month (after taxes) and the only time there are new episodes of shows is in the evening Sunday through Friday.  And even the Friday evening shows are a little tough to find a new one.  I'm starting to wonder why I am paying for the service!  I find it impossible to believe that there aren't enough people willing to watch something other than sports to warrant new episodes of television shows.


So I figured no problem, I'll go to Google+ and catch up on some of the people and sights that I like to follow. Wrong!  Apparently there wasn't anything to report on there.  This is another thing that I find hard to believe.  It is utterly amazing that there isn't any events worth talking about on the weekends.  I get that everyone wants to work Monday through Friday but things happen all the time in this day and age.  That is the result of the internet!  Why isn't there reporting happening all the time?


Some may say to read a book.  I did that for a few hours this morning.  But I can only read so much in a day before I get tired, no matter how interesting the book (just finished book 16 of the Xanth series by Piers Anthony).  I have tried many different positions trying to find one that would prevent me from falling asleep but it just doesn't work.  It is just the way that I am wired apparently.


So what do you think?  Would you like to see some stuff on the weekends that aren't sports?



2 comments:

  1. People are busy during the week so they like to watch what they missed on the weekend...therefore reruns. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no reason they can't have a new episode on and people can record it if they are busy on the weekend also. That is how things are generally done now anyway, record the show and watch it when it is convenient for you.

      Delete