Saturday, April 7, 2012

Stupid Tricks to Save Money

So there was an unfortunate event in the family yesterday.  Not tragic but put someone in the hospital.  I'm not going to go into who it was or what it was.  I will say that it landed this person in the hospital and they will be there for a few days with major surgery today.  So I spent a bunch of time there last night and a lot there today and that has brought me to tonight's rant.  This kind of piggybacks off my rant from the other night about parking in the city (City Parking).



Since we were there for a little while there was going to be a big charge associated with the parking.  To begin with I have a problem with the concept that parking rates in a garage near the hospital is so much higher than elsewhere in the city.  It is a lot more to be exact!  Most of the other garages that I have parked in have a daily fee of something like $6 or $7.  Park for more than 4 hours in the garage next to the hospital and it runs up to the daily max of $14!  No wonder there aren't many that visit people in the hospital, they can't afford it.


Now I have already ranted about parking prices so I'm done with that for the night.  But what I will talk about is what I found out when we were leaving.  I was about to just leave when someone else that also drove stopped at the guard desk.  I was a little confused and stopped also and he told me that he was going to get his ticket validated.  He then told me that you won't get the entire amount back but they will put an $8 limit on it.  What ticks me off is that the only way you will learn about it is if you are with someone who knows about it.  And why would they do this anyway?  Wouldn't it be better just to make that the daily maximum to begin with?


Oh, that's right, you can't rip people off if you give everyone a fair price!  Silly me, I guess I will just have to keep my mouth shut...NOT!

4 comments:

  1. Quite crazy ideas on saving money. Hope you come up with more better ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps the sarcasm didn't come through very well or you landed here attempting to actually find ways in which to save money. My point was that you shouldn't have to do something like this. They should just set the price to what they are willing to discount it to.

      Delete
  2. Yes definitely. Some garages take this to be an opportunity to hike prices as people really needed them. In other words, they take advantage of people demand. There need to be rules implemented for such floating parking rates.

    ReplyDelete