Monday, April 16, 2012

Separation of Church and State

The Romneys were on the news tonight to talk a little about the whole Hilary Rosen statement.  And I think that most agree it was a stupid statement.  There are millions of women who have never, or barely, worked a day in their life.  What's the big deal?  There are numerous reasons for it.  But that only lead to the thing that I had a problem with tonight.  Yep, you guessed it, Dianne Sawyer had to mention religion.



She was talking to them in a general sense about the Rosen statement, then moved on to the invitation that Mitt got to appear on Saturday Night Live.  Then she mentioned something about him being a Mormon and asked if that was making the campaign difficult.  What does being a Mormon have to do with being president?  I get that most presidents (if not all) have had a Christian background.  But weren't we supposed to be founded in part on the principle of separation of church and state?  If that is the case, why was it brought up?  Oh I know why, she was trying to distract the viewers from the huge "blunder" that happened when Hilary Rosen opened her mouth.  I put that in quotes because I think it was a calculated move on the part of the Democratic Party, just my opinion but this is my blog so I can voice that.  You can voice yours in the comments.


So back to the point of the rant.  I recall when Liberman was running a huge deal was made out of the fact that he is Jewish.  Same thing, why?  Who really cares?  And this is the problem with the supposed separation, it doesn't exist!  It doesn't matter how much you argue that it does, there are more arguments showing that it doesn't.  I really don't care what the president's religious beliefs are.  I couldn't tell you anything about the current president's religious background.  The only time I would have a problem is if a sitting president attempted to use his authority to push his religious belief on the people.


But of course that won't happen because we have check and balances...

No comments:

Post a Comment