Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Conversations in Public

Had to do some grocery shopping tonight and got really annoyed with a few people.  It is utterly amazing how important people seem to think they are and how much they think I want to hear their conversations.  Here's a clue, everyone has a cell phone now, you aren't the cool one!



So walking through the store and I can hear some annoying noise int he next isle.  When I enter the isle I see a lady holding the phone to her ear with it on speakerphone!  I mean come on, I really don't care who you are talking to or what they are saying.  And if you are going to put it up to your ear, why do you need to have it on speaker?  It is one of two things.  First option, you think you are the cool one because you not only have a cell phone but it has a speaker phone.  News flash, most people have one!  The second option, you are desperate for attention.  I guess you go that one!  I was so annoyed I kept giving you dirty looks and mumbling how annoying you were louder and louder until you finally turned off the speaker.


But that wasn't the only example from tonight.  After that situation I continued with my shopping.  When I got to the dairy section there was someone standing there talking really loudly on her cell phone.  This was a perfect example of the same situation about.  First, she thinks that she is cool because she has one.  But this was previously dispelled as before.  Second, and just as likely as the previous example, she is desperate for attention.  Once again, I guess I am at fault for giving in to her need with dirty looks and mumblings regarding my annoyance.


I find it amazing that everyone complains about privacy yet they will stand in the middle of a public place such as Walmart with their phone on speaker, or with the volume so loud that you can easily hear it, and talk about extremely personal things.  If you really want to find out what someone is up to, all you need to do is find out what store they shop at and what time they shop there.  No need to pay a detective or tap their phone line.  Just listen to them as they try to get attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment