Tuesday, May 29, 2012

An Interview with a Prince

With the wet weather this evening, I have had a chance to catch the news.  And it certainly didn't disappoint me at all tonight.  I started writing about one of the others and I got one that was even better.  They played what turned out to be a tease of an interview with one of the princes of England.  I have complained about this in the past as not being news for the United States (The Royal Family).



I'm glad it was only a tease because it would have really annoyed me.  They started talking about how he was going around to meet his grandmother's "people" to celebrate her jubilee.  That starts the issue.  The royal family has no authority in government.  She has no freakin' people!  What he really did was get an excuse from his grandmother to go abroad and party.


So let's move on the the next part that gets me.  Keep in mind that the royal family hasn't had any authority in a very long time (as in pre-war World War I) though I'm not sure just how long.  So the woman performing the interview stated that his grandmother was crowned at age 25.  Then she asked, "Can you imagine taking on that kind of responsibility at that young an age?"  I had to do a double-take on that one!  What responsibility is associated with being the queen of England?  Oh, perhaps it is how you will waste all of your time since you have never had to a single thing in her entire life.


Perhaps it is just me (though I doubt it) but I don't get the American fascination with this whole thing.  It has nothing to do with us and hasn't since we won the war!  I also believe that Great Britain would probably be a much wealthier country if they would eliminate this royal family, but I guess it is fine with me if they want to keep it.  It's not my taxes paying for them to be snobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment