Monday, May 14, 2012

Bottles and Pacifiers Can Hurt

Well, you guessed it, this is the result of another stupid study.  I just can't understand why we keep funding these studies.  There isn't a reason to perform the studies, they are completely based on common sense.



This study was to find out whether or not a toddler walking around with either a pacifier or bottle in it's mouth causes damage when they bump into something.  Any parent worth a grain of salt can tell you that it does!  Give me a break.  Even an adult with something like that in their mouth would hurt their mouth.  How often have you seen a toddler bump into something with their mouth and not get hurt?  I can't say I have ever seen it and I have two kids.  One of which seemed to have something against remembering where the wall was!  I think what upsets me most about this is that we are having an extremely hard time coming out of this recession yet the government seems to be able to find the cash for studies like these.  Studies that are completely based on common sense, where no real study is necessary.  And if talking to parents isn't enough, take a couple thousand dollars and talk to pediatric dentists.


And this leads to the larger problem.  I just find it really pathetic that things like this are pork barreled into bills just so that a representative can go back to their constituents and say that they saved or created some jobs.  That is the exact reason that we are in such debt and why it takes so long to get things pushed through both houses of congress.  Most of the work involved with getting things through have to do with negotiating for votes.  And that leads to cash for studies like this and many of the others that I have complained about in the past.  It would be nice if something was passed preventing this type of thing from happening.  I think it may be a way in which to save our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment