Thursday, May 17, 2012

Stupid Comments

I actually caught most of the world news tonight but I don't feel that there was anything there that I haven't commented on before.  The big issue I had there was that entertainment news took precedence over real news again!  Tonight I am going to use some personal experience as it really annoyed me.



Last night I was checking out Google+ and saw that they were going to have a hang out with a couple of the members of TAPS from the SyFy show Ghost Hunters.  I was a little bummed as I really like the show but my connection at home isn't good enough to watch video feeds.  And that is basically the comment that I left.  Of course I kept getting notices as more and more people commented on it.  That wasn't the problem, it is the result of commenting on public posts.


The problem that I had is that more and more people kept stating how they hate the SyFy channel and couldn't understand what a show about finding ghosts had to do with science fiction anyway.  This is something that has bothered me a lot in the past and this brought it out again.  I can't understand why someone reads a post (whether an article by the media, a blog post, or a social media post) that has nothing to do with anything that they like.  In the past I have gotten really annoyed with iOS fans posting hate comments on Android posts and the other way around.  What is the point in reading it if you completely hate the subject?  And if you feel the need to read it, don't bother to comment on it!  Move on and let people that like the subject comment productively.


I decided to be bigger than any of the others and end my commenting even though several didn't like that I called their comments stupid and suggested that they move on.  I was actually told that I was in the wrong but I let it go.  Perhaps writing this blog is actually relieving the stress like I had hoped...

2 comments:

  1. Man, I didn't know about the Ghost Hunters thing or I would have checked that out...I love that show! Sucks Grant is leaving though.

    And I hear ya on idiot posters. I've gotten to the point where I won't read many sites comments any more just because of that reason. I'll read an article and leave. If it's a site I trust to have a good back and forth with (and I can count those on fewer than one hand) then I'll comment and read others thoughts. You want to really get annoyed? Check out your teams official site and look at some of the comments on those articles. I know dallascowboys.com has some total idiots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does suck that Grant is leaving! Not sure how well things will flow without him.

      I actually replied to some comments a few times regarding the whole Android versus iOS thing. I stopped because you just can't reason with either extreme. I understand having an opinion but being so set in your opinion tells me that you are an idiot. Having an open mind it something that has helped me learn a lot in life. And I expect that it will continue to help me...

      Thanks for continuing to check out the blog!

      Delete