Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Royal Family

Not sure how many of you are from Great Britain.  If you are, you may wish to either skip this post or really rip me a new one in the comments.  This isn't really anything against your traditions and customs, it has much more to do with where I live.

Last I knew we won the war, so why all the coverage of the royal family?  I really don't care about what dress the newest princess is wearing!  I don't care that the queen has been married for 65 years.  And I really don't care about anything else dealing with them.  I understand that it is something special that the queen has been on the throne for 60 years but why do I care?

Why can't they devote the time they insist on wasting on the Royal Family on, oh I don't know, news!  I get that it is world news coverage but the Royal Family isn't newsworthy.  It is a bunch of arrogant rich people showing off that they have money and never have to do anything for their entire life.  I get it that it may be something important to someone who is either British or very close to their British roots but most of us in the US aren't really.

Spend some time reporting on something that is real!  Leave this kind of stuff to the entertainment news shows as that is all they really are, entertainment...

1 comment:

  1. Man, I couldn't agree more. This stuff belongs on Entertainment Tonight.

    Now you'll have to excuse the brevity of this post...I have to get back to my tea and biscuits.

    ReplyDelete