Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Apple Fan

Oh my have I got a good one tonight!  I follow a reporter that focuses on Android (you will find his blog in my list, it is Android Power).  He is also a co-founder of eSarcasm so you know he likes to have fun with things.  He posted something on Google+ about the New iPad versus the iPad 2.  Now you know I had to put some comments on there about it.  But what has me going tonight is that some Apple fan decided to spout off about how great Apple is.



I don't hide the fact that I am a huge Android fan.  But I also don't hide the fact that the iPhone is a great product.  And I certainly don't think there is any question that the iPad is a great tablet.  What I have a problem with is the arrogant attitude of most Apple fans.  I'm not talking about the majority of the people who purchase Apple products, heck if I had the money I would have purchased a MacBook rather than the Toshiba that I went with.  The problem are those that believe that everything pales in comparison to Apple products.  And when you question them or point out flaws in their logic they get really upset.  I made a comment about something this particular person stated.  Then this person decided to attack my statements, so it was on.  I'm not going to go into it too deeply as you can check out the post yourself as it is posted publicly on Google+ (click here).


At any rate, my biggest problem is that people like this can't see that there are problems with Apple products.  Take, for instance, the New iPad.  Consumer Reports noted that it gets really hot.  That was all they were saying, it gets hot.  Apple's response was that it falls within their specs, and that is all these type of Apple fans are going to hear.  Not that it is hot, just that it falls within Apple's specs.


Another view that I have is that Apple needs the competition provided by Microsoft with computers and Android on phones, and that the reverse is true.  I pointed this view out only to be told that Apple needs no one.  Funny how people like this believe that a monopoly is a great way to spawn innovation.


Overall, I think what really got me going with this person is that they apparently assumed that I wasn't a well informed person making statements based on things that I have read.  I wasn't making them up!  I never make assumptions about people that make comments online.  It can get you in trouble...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah man, some Apple users are over the top. I don't quite get that myself and agree with everything you've said. Competition is a good thing for any product or company. It makes them want to push to be the best instead of staying complacent with having the #1 status with no threat of ever losing it.

    Good read.

    ReplyDelete