Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Upcoming Price Hikes

I'm actually still watching the news as I write this but I felt that this story was something that I needed to talk about now.  You know, with all of the people that I'm connected to on Google+, being crabby isn't as easy as you may think.  And truthfully, that is a big part of the reason that I often forget what I was going to complain about.  But I'll do my best to keep it up!



So there was a large story discussing the increases in the cost of food due to the weather conditions.  I found it amazing the way in which they were making mountains out of mole hills.  Let me give you an example, the price of a dozen eggs last year was $1.77 while the projected price for next year is $1.95.  Oh my, that's going to break the bank!  And everything that they were talking about was like this.  Ground beef, $2.74 per pound last year, $3.09 per pound next year.


I just don't get how this is such a big deal.  Prices of most goods go up much faster then the price of food.  For the most part, there is some government regulation that controls price increases but these changes aren't something that I see as being outrageous or even close to something that might be termed price gouging.  So why a 5 minute story about it?  It isn't like there isn't something else to talk about this week.  How about an update on the Colorado wild fires?  Perhaps they are out but I have no clue because they feel it is more important to talk about price increases that will mean probably an additional $200-$300 in food costs for the average family.


Do some real reporting for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment