Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Brilliant News Planning


You guessed it, the local news was packed tonight!  This is just a quick one but still annoying as all get out!  Why would I care about the planning of the newscast?  Read on and you may be also.



Keep in mind that I'm far from someone to worry about regarding your children!  The first story was about a teen getting struck by a car.  Fortunately she is alright but to show her injuries they showed close ups of her legs, and some were a little high for my comfort.  I can't believe her parents allowed it to be aired.  It wasn't anything that was inappropriate but as everyone knows there have been a lot of reports and, thankfully, arrests for child abuse and endangerment as of late.  So I don't think it was the best thing to do.


So what was the problem?  How good do you think the planning is when you go from that (remember the close ups) to talking about someone getting sentenced for child endangerment.  I couldn't believe someone didn't catch that in preparation for the airing of the newscast!


Perhaps it is just me but I don't really think that was the best sequence of stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment