Friday, July 20, 2012

Signal Lights

I know, it's Friday and I haven't been posting anything as of late.  But tonight is an exception because of an experience that I had on the way home that continues to bother me.  This is far from the first time that it has happened but this time the driver went a little too far for me to skip commenting on it!



Where I get on the highway on the way home is a bit busy and can be a bit tough to get on.  But today wasn't an issue as I left a little early.  There was a lot of traffic in the center lane so I was stuck in the right lane where I don't really like to be.  Specifically, there was a car right next to me.  She, not being sexist here as it happens a lot, turned on her signal light and started moving into my lane.  The only reason I know she turned on her signal was due to the light on her passenger side mirror, which was at my front bumper!  I hit the horn and thought she was going to stop moving over since she looked right at me but no, she kept coming!  I could have easily stayed where I was and gotten into a serious accident along with the person that was tailgating me and the person tailgating them.  All of this is just because her exit was coming up!


This, as I said, is happening more and more often.  It is great that people are following the law and using their signal lights.  However, they need to realize that just because they turn on the signal light doesn't mean they now have the right to the lane.  If someone is there it means they have the right of way!


Come on idiots, think!  There are other people out there in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment