Monday, June 18, 2012

The Sandusky Defense

I missed the news tonight because I needed to get some work done in the yard.  But I have one that I got on the news the other night.  I meant to write about it last night but completely forgot about writing a post.  Anyway, it has to do specifically with the Sandusky trial but seems to be the direction many defense lawyers are going.



So I was watching and they revealed the base of the entire defense, he has Historic Personality Disorder.  Yep that's right, he has a disorder.  They aren't denying that he has completely ruined the lives of at least 10 kids (now young men)!  He has a disorder so he can't be responsible for his actions.  What a load of crap!  These kids put their pride on the line to put a stop to what he likes to do to young boys.  I have to give them a lot of credit.  I don't know enough about the case to know if they are asking for money or if they just want him to be punished for what he did and put an end to him doing it.  But even if they are asking for money I don't really have a problem.


Some of you may be saying that I'm a little bit of a hippocrate because of my comments on the Bernie Fine case (How to Wreck a Life).  But the difference is there is enough evidence against Sandusky that the Attorney General decided to press charges.  Top that off with the judge feeling strong enough to actually force him to pay bail or spend time in jail.  There isn't any kind of evidence like that in the Fine case, and that is why he hasn't been arrested.


But let's move beyond this trial in particular.  I've heard more and more often of a disorder that supposedly causes someone to do something illegal.  At what point are these people going to be held accountable for their actions?  I'm honestly tired of it!  The lawyers for these kids on bath salts are going to try to use the defense of they were on really strong drugs and they didn't know what they were doing.  The problem is that they chose to do the drugs!  This defense style of "it wasn't my fault" needs to come to an end before a serial murderer uses it and gets away with their crimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment