Saturday, September 29, 2012

You Need Help with What

Bonus rant!  I went to my in-laws last night to fix the headlights on their car.  Just using a kit to remove the oxidation on the outside.  But it turned out that they were also having some problems with their DSL connection.  And in attempting to figure it out I came across something that was almost funny.


I'm not going to claim that I know anything at all about DSL.  I can make some generalized guesses based on general electronics.  You know the routine, turn it off and leave it off for a few minutes then turn it back on.  A large portion of the time that will solve the problem.  In this case it didn't.  I figured maybe there was an issue with the setup in Windows and figured I would use the troubleshooting function.  What a surprise I got when I was greeted with the window that is pictured in this post!  I couldn't believe that their suggestion to solve the internet connection issue was to have someone remotely connect to your computer or check online!  How the heck are you supposed to do that?  Perhaps they should try using their own troubleshooting guide before considering a product complete.  If they did you wouldn't get a suggestion to connect to an online service when you are having trouble with your internet connection.

That seems to me like a very simple thing that should have been tested but what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment