Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Is the Evening News the Right Time for That?

With the mornings being dark and my car being a little older (it is now 10 years old) I needed to do something about the headlights.  A few years ago I tried a product that was supposed to be a permanent solution.  Needless to say, it wasn't and they were clouding up once again.  And it also meant that once I got done with dinner I didn't get to see much of the news.  But what I did see really upset me.


So it was a dinner where I had leftovers and that meant eating in the living room watching the news.  They decided to talk about how first time knee surgery is on the rise.  And I would be fine with that if they left it there but they didn't.  I will be the first to admit that I have a rather weak stomach but this really put me in an uncomfortable place.  They showed an actual operation where the bone of the knee was actually exposed!  It's isn't like this was some kind of late or early dinner, this was between 5:30pm and 6pm!  This isn't the first time they have done it, just the first time it has been that graphic!  Even if I wasn't eating this would be a little over the top for that time.  I certainly am glad that my children were not paying attention to it.  It isn't something that I would want them to see and I'm sure that I am not alone.  A standard evening news cast is not the place for that kind of video.

I honestly have to say that if I didn't see this coming I may have actually lost it.  It was bad enough that I caught little bits of it each time it sounded like the story was done.  I get that they need it to be a memorable newscast but I think this went a lot too far!

No comments:

Post a Comment