Monday, February 27, 2012

Military Blunder

I have a bunch of potential ones from today but I settled on this one because I can't believe that it happened.

So if you can't guess by the title this has to do with the burning of the Quran.  This is such a horrible blunder by the United States military that I have a hard time believing it.  I have a couple of questions that I would love to hear answers for:
  1. What in the world possessed them to do this?
  2. What gave them the impression that this would be a good idea?
  3. Isn't there somewhere that they could have donated these?
  4. Or how about speaking to some folks (not sure of what the equivalent to a priest would be) on how to dispose of them properly?
  5. Is this just a ploy by the military to justify staying in Afghanistan?
Doing something like this just doesn't give me the impression that the greatest military minds are at work here.  This action is not something that should have happened by a country that is a melting pot that supposedly tolerates all religions.

Normally I only rant about something that annoys me and doesn't tick me off but this one really gets me angry! We, as a country, aren't this stupid and insensitive!  Unfortunately, that isn't the opinion of the rest of the world at this point...

No comments:

Post a Comment