Thursday, December 6, 2012

Those are Wings

I have a feeling these are going to be a little sporadic as there has been a bunch of overtime available which means I'm a little tired.  I was going with one rant until I saw a commercial.  I've been saving that one for a while so another day won't hurt.  This one just completely threw me for a loop.  It's got to do with some seriously liberal use of "artistic license" I guess you could say.


This was the first time that I have seen a  commercial for this particular restaurant and I found it really annoying!  The restaurant is named Wing Stop.  I had to rewind the game to get the name because not only was it the first commercial I had ever seen, I had never heard of it before.  The products featured in the commercial looked excellent!  So what's the problem?  The product shown weren't wings.  Don't believe me?  Listen to the commercial, it states that their "wings" are 100% white meat chicken.  Sorry, wings are 100% dark meat.  You only get white meat from chicken breast.  These were more like popcorn chicken.  Granted they would be the equivalent of the larger chunks of popcorn chicken but still nothing close to a chicken wing.

And I don't think this would bother me much except that the while restaurant is based on selling wings!  Go to Buffalo Wild Wings, when you order wings you get an actual chicken wing unless you order the boneless wings.  And that's the difference.  You aren't going to a restaurant that features wings where you have to put quotes around the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment