Monday, December 10, 2012

It Ain't NASCAR

Tonight I have one from some observations.  As you can probably guess from the title, it's about driving.  Just some serious complaints about how people are driving the family roadster.


I have complained in the past about the speed at which people drive and speed is a part in tonight's rant but it isn't the central point.  You see it seems to me that many people seem to think that they are driving NASCAR car.  I was driving to work the other morning, as usual at the speed limit, and someone came up behind me.  I have little problem with the fact that they have decided to speed, what I have a problem with is how close they are.  I was happened to be on the highway in a 65MPH zone.  This was a Saturday morning (around 6:15AM) so there wasn't much traffic.  There was no reason they couldn't go around me as there wasn't any traffic.  They were so close to me that if I would have let off the gas they would have run into me. Yep, they were that close.  This is just an extreme example of what has been happening.

I get that they always say "rubbin' is racin'" but we aren't racing!  We also aren't driving vehicles that are designed to hit a wall at 200MPH and allow us to walk away.  We aren't sitting in a seat that was custom fit to our backside with a five point harness.  In fact, we are driving vehicles that only need to pass a 35MPH crash test where you have a minimal 35% chance of survival.  The seats that you sit in are designed for the average human and you're wearing a 3 point seat belt that most make as loose as possible.  Yes the vehicles that we drive are safer then the ones that our parents drove but they aren't nearly as safe as what they are driving in NASCAR.  They aren't even close!

And just a little information for any of you who come up behind me.  Tailgating me won't get me to speed up, it will more likely have the opposite effect.  The next time you decide that you are going to get that close to someone ask yourself if you car can stop faster then the one you are following.  Don't forget to add in your reaction time.

No comments:

Post a Comment