Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Why are They Advertising?

Over the last couple of nights, I've seen a commercial played a couple of times.  The commercial is what actually bugs me.  They aren't selling anything and I really can't figure out why they are advertising.  Yeah, you guessed it, hit the link to find out what.

I don't live in Onondaga (pronounced on-on-doga) county but the over the air channels come from there.  The resource recovery agency (OCRRA) has been advertising over the last couple of days and it bugs me that they are.  Any trash collected in the within the county must go through this place.  Which is why I don't get it.  They talk about how they are self sufficient by burning anything that can't be recycled and creating electricity for sale back to the grid (thanks to deregulation).  They are taking the profits and returning it to the community for education and whatnot.  So, why in the hell are they advertising then?  Everything goes through here, there is no choice.  They are wasting money that could be returned to the schools that are constantly cutting services and budgets.  Even if this only costs $100K to make and $100K to run, that's $200K that is now taken away from the education of children.  Completely annoying!

And it doesn't stop there.  I've seen telephone and electric operators running commercials.  Like you have a choice there!  I'm not talking about cellular service, I get that.  I'm talking the old school wire service.  You have no choice if you want wired phone.  What is the point?  Just to show that they are making billions of dollars a year off of you and they can waste it.  All while crying that they are losing money.

Give me a break people, put the money to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment