Monday, May 5, 2014

They Must Be Ahead of the Curve

Didn't catch the news tonight.  We went out to a local Mexican joint to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.  But I did catch something that I found a little annoying yesterday on the news.  What was annoying about it?  They made it sound like there was an option.  Hit the link to find out what I'm talking about.

It's fairly common knowledge that films are no longer stored on actual film.  The are all digital, which bugs me in one sense because it actually makes it cheaper for them to produce.  At any rate, back to this rant.  There is an old drive-in theater and the news story (Drive-in Celebrates 66th Season) made it sound as if they were going digital by choice.  That alone doesn't really bother me.  What bothers me is the fact that they think everyone is so stupid as to believe the theater had a choice.  If they wanted to stay in business (and it's a busy place) they had to do this!  Why is it that the news seems to think that people are really that stupid?

I don't know about you, but I find it a little offensive.  Make the assumption that people are smart and let those that don't know ask questions.  Every news station now has a website where they allow comments on the stories.  Seriously, most of your viewers aren't stupid, and you shouldn't make the assumption that they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment