Monday, April 21, 2014

I've Got an Appointment

I collected a couple of ideas prior to the vacation.  And since it was an actual vacation, I didn't fire the laptop up at all so I've got them for now.  This one is based on an experience that we had prior to leaving.  I just find it very annoying!
All of us have gone somewhere where you have an appointment.  How many of us have actually been seen at the time of that appointment?  My guess is not many.  This experience is all about taking my wife to get new glasses.  Yep, a doctor's appointment.  The appointment was for 5:20pm and we arrived at 5:15pm, you guessed it, she was called in at 5:30pm.  The worst part is that I would consider that to be a very good turnaround.  And let's be honest, eye doctors usually aren't as busy as medical doctors.  I've had times where I've sat for 20 or 25 minutes beyond my appointment.  Why is it so difficult to get this correct?  I think it's really simple, once an hour skip an appointment.  But we know why that won't happen, it would mean you miss out on that money and everything is about the money.

And this goes well beyond just the medical profession.  Have you ever made a reservation for a restaurant and waited?  Yep, been there too.  This isn't rocket science people, it's time management.  There are only so many seats in your restaurant (or barber shop even).  Give people some time before scheduling the next group!

I get that they want to make money but it's ridiculous that it's at the expense of good service.  And the worst part, at least with the medical profession, is that we can't do what is supposed to make capitalism effective.  We can just vote with our wallets.  If you decide that your doctor is horrible with this, it'll cost you to transfer your records.  But even then, they are all the same when it comes to scheduling so it really doesn't matter.

Got a solution?  I know I sure don't

No comments:

Post a Comment