Friday, January 27, 2017

She Did What?

I think I've stated before that I do a lot of my shopping at Walmart.  It's close and the prices are better for most items than other grocery stores around here.  That does leave me dealing with a lot of real boneheads.  Hit the link to find out what this idiot did...

On this particular day, it was rather busy.  Most of the registers were open and there were a couple of managers helping people find the shorter lines.  I went to the line that was suggested to me as there was only one person it it and all of her items were on the belt.  Sure, there was a lot but at least everything was up there and the cashier was working on it steadily.  Don't get me wrong, the problem isn't just about the fellow shopper.  But we'll talk about her first.  About halfway through her items was a bag of loose apples.  The cashier noticed that they were all different kinds of apples and questioned her about it.  The lady then said that she didn't think it mattered.  The cashier then stated the obvious, they were all different prices.  I just couldn't believe it when they both dumped the them out on the belt.  Unbelievable!

So what ticked me off with the cashier?  With a growing line, she insisted on charging the correct price for each kind of apple.  That wouldn't be so horrible except that there aren't barcodes on apples!  She had to read the little number on each apple, punch it in, then weigh the apple!  Yes, she did the bag of 20+ apples one at a time!  And the customer wasn't helping as she kept moving the apples around after the cashier attempted to sort them so she could do more than one at a time!

Needless to say, I was in the shortest line yet people in the longest line were walking out the door before me!  I just can't believe that someone would be so cheap as to put more expensive apples in the same bag as cheap ones.  What was she going to save, $2?  Seriously, if you can't afford the extra for more expensive apples then buy the bag of cheaper ones.  Don't waste everyone's time trying to save 2 freaking dollars!

No comments:

Post a Comment