Saturday, January 31, 2015

I'll Pay Later

Football is about over, SU doesn't have a basketball game tonight, and the wife is watching Harry Potter with the youngest.  And that leaves me time to do something, so what better thing to do than waste some of your time with another post where I complain about some random thing that I've seen or heard recently.
This is something that has bothered me for many years.  And over the last few weeks, I've seen it get worse and worse.  I'm talking about people eating things while they are shopping.  No, I'm not referring to someone walking through the grocery store eating an Egg McMuffin or drinking a coffee from Starbucks.  I'm talking about someone eating chips from a bag they picked up while walking down the aisle.  If you say something to them, they will insist that they are going to pay for it.

Here's the thing though, this isn't a restaurant it's a grocery store!  Eating something in a grocery store (or other store for that matter) prior to paying for it is actually a form of theft.  And how often do you see people in a register line with an open or empty bag of chips?  I can say I've never seen it myself (and yes, I've looked)!  So why aren't these security guys flagging these people?  Oh that's right, they are too busy watching young kids because we all know they are the ones that steal everything.

I think the worst case I've seen recently for this was when a mother plopped a bag of fresh grapes in her kid's lap.  When I passed by them later, just about all the grapes were gone!  How is the store going to charge you properly for that, they charge by the pound!  So not only has this mother decided to steal from the store but she's decided that a good lesson for her child is to teach them how to steal and get away with it.  Imagine if every homeless person decided to do this?  Are these stores going to start having them arrested for shop lifting yet allow mothers to go free?  Oh wait, it's not shop lifting if they didn't take it out of the store.  So I guess if the homeless guy goes into the store, eats, then uses the restroom, they are free to go as well.

Seriously, how about we start thinking about our actions people.  You want to know why kids don't show respect for people and their property, look at how you acted when they were around.  I mean really take a look.  If you do things like this, your child (or children) will likely believe it's perfectly acceptable to do this.  Don't go crying a river of tears when they take it to the next level and are arrested.  I don't need wet feet because they were emulating you.

No comments:

Post a Comment